The quits rate for June remained relatively the same at 4.2 million, after May’s 4.3 million quits, according to recent data from the BLS Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary. The quits rate was unchanged at 2.8%.
There were 10.7 million open jobs in June, a 605,000 decrease from May.
Where job openings increased
- Health care and social assistance (+79,000)
- Finance and insurance (+31,000)
- Educational services (+22,000)
- Other services (+17,000)
- Information (+10,000)
Where job openings decreased
- Retail trade (-343,000)
- Wholesale trade (-82,000)
- Accommodation and food services (-81,000)
- Construction (-71,000)
- State and local education (-62,000)