A well-defined sense of purpose and opportunities for growth are the two most important aspects of workplace culture, according to a new survey of 10,000 employees in 12 countries. Here’s the complete list:
- Purpose: The majority of employees say their organization’s purpose motivates them.
- Opportunities: Not relegated to promotions, employees value organizations that help them learn and grow.
- Success: Employees need to feel successful.
- Appreciation: The majority of employees don’t feel appreciated by their employers.
- Wellbeing: Employees want to feel like their employers value their entire selves, not just their productivity.
- Leadership: Employees value good leaders who help them to succeed.
Recruiters can take note of these hallmarks of a great culture and encourage clients to develop these aspects to woo top talent.